Monday, August 29, 2016

Welcome to Room 813!

  I will be going over the rules and expectations with all of the students during class, but I will not be sending a paper copy of my syllabus home with every student. I have posted it online and you can download it anytime you would like to see it. 

     This year, my class is a little bit different than most. Instead of standing in front of the room lecturing to the students and then sending them home to complete a list of exercises by themselves, I will ask the students to study and take notes on the lesson the night before it will be discussed in class. I expect the student to come to class ready to work as soon as the bell rings. Then the entire time we are in class together, the students will have adults and classmates that can help them should they need it. 
    
     Although the calendar to the right, lists all of the homework for the first month of school, I will be posting links for homework here on a daily basis. For example: on Wednesday we will be discussing Section 1.1 both in the textbook and online. Students will have the choice most nights whether they would like to take notes from the book, by watching videos online, or a combination of both.

     This website will serve as an anchor for online tutorials and other help that I can give. Please bookmark it to make it easy to return to.
    
The first homework assignment for grade is for your parents / guardians to complete the "Information Sheet". I will be using this information to compile a contact list for each of my classes so I can let parents / guardians know about upcoming assignments and classroom events even if they are far from home.

Mr J


No comments:

Post a Comment